Every next level of your life will demand a different version of you.
Hi! I’m Nayla Mitha.
I coach women whose self-doubt has stopped them from reaching their full potential. They wish they could feel more calm, strong, and clear, but instead they feel trapped by their insecurities.
I help them break free from the deep-rooted beliefs that are holding them back so that they can get to that successful place they’ve been dreaming about.
I’m an Associate Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation and a Certified Life Coach with the Martha Beck Institute.
I’m also a cancer survivor who believes in finding the purpose behind our pain and working through life’s challenges on mental, emotional, and spiritual levels.
Early on in my career I practiced law and held various legal positions. I was also a Chartered Mediator and for over 15 years I worked in both the private and public sectors, helping leaders and entire teams learn how to have difficult conversations so that they could collaborate more effectively.
How did I end up in my current line of work? Great question!
When I entered the workforce as a bright-eyed, bushy tailed young lawyer, I realized that I was terrified of speaking up. I did not have any “templates” for trusting in my true self or dealing with disagreements effectively.
I was an expert at hiding so that I could fit in and unfortunately this often left me feeling like a hot mess of sadness, confusion, and unworthiness… although if you knew me back then, you probably wouldn’t have seen this. What you would have seen was a successful young woman who appeared happy and well-adjusted on the outside.
I was scared to be myself because I thought this would push people away… so I instead chose to push myself away for many years.
As I grew older, I started to feel the heavy toll of the unexpressed parts of myself. It was almost as if their whispers kept getting louder and louder. What used to be a minor upset or inexplicably feeling under the weather turned into days… weeks… and often months of questioning the purpose of life, my place in it, and eventually a serious illness (cancer).
I ultimately came to realize that my career potential, my life, and my spiritual growth would be limited if things didn’t change.
I yearned to be more self-confident… but I also knew that I could never be someone who was pushy, aggressive, or reckless. So I had to find a way to honour myself that fit with my sensitive, spiritual, and down-to-earth practical nature.
My transition into a more natural, comfortable-feeling version of myself certainly took a lot of soul-searching and deep personal development work. It also required me to become at ease with those awkward moments when you first start to stretch into your new self… or essentially your true self… but I always knew that I just needed to keep going.
When I finally began to feel more comfortable in my own skin, amazing things started happening in my life:
- I figured out how to speak up and say what’s on my mind without sacrificing my relationships… and as a result, most of the ongoing issues in my life were resolved. Ironically as well, learning how to “be in relationship” with others more effectively forced me to become more ME.
- I also discovered how to let go and become at peace with the very few situations that could not be resolved in spite of my best efforts. This was probably the most difficult lesson for me to learn.
- My relationships at work, with friends, and eventually with my family improved dramatically because I was no longer holding back parts of myself and I had learned how to appreciate people for who they are.
- My career took off in a way that I never dreamed possible. I landed jobs that I thought were totally out of my reach and I found the courage to do what I love.
- I felt better overall because I wasn’t wasting my energy on fighting my true feelings, needs, and nature anymore. And I experienced the incredible relief that emerged from learning how to deeply trust in myself, my capabilities… and ultimately in life.
- Last but certainly not least, I began to feel more inner peace and this was (and continues to be) the most important spiritual intention in my life!
I eventually couldn’t help but share what I learned with others because we waste so much of our precious time and energy avoiding our own issues or using ineffective strategies to deal with them.
I now have my own business as a coach and facilitator… which is something that I never dreamed I could do! And I’m LOVING every minute of it.
I’ve helped thousands of people like you take their their careers, their leadership skills, and their lives to the next level by growing into more comfortable, natural-feeling versions of themselves.
Contact me to find out more about how I can help you. I’d love to hear from you!
PS – In case you’re curious… here are some of the certifications that I’ve collected over the years to help me help you :)